Why to contribute to NEP?
Writing articles can be important for you for a number of reasons:
- To offer information and build a relationship with your newsletter subscribers/readers.
- To give your readers and followers a deeper/objective understanding of a topic.
- To develop your academic and intellectual skills and you receive feedback from the readers.
- To track your followers (number of likes & tweets).
Furthermore, the NEP provides you strong networking system (the group has more than 3500 members) where members can read your article, share and discuss it. We have also volunteer editors and political/academic advisers that can provide you guidelines and theories.
Finally, if you want to enter into the world of politics, you can’t remain silent, you must publish your ideas/opinions and get the feedback of the public.
Topics to write about:
The topics should be related about the political developments in MENAC (Middle East-North Africa-Caucasus) region. Such as :Human rights (women +minority rights…), sectarianism, conflict resolution, democracy. It can be also about historical periods (Genocide, war, coups…), or reflections on books you have read.
NEP English articles contributing sample:
- Reference: Use footnotes
- Body Text: Blog-articles (650-850 words) for analytic papers (1000-1600 words)
- Image Description: A story/description about the photo/video
Tags (As many as you want): ( your name, places, countries, organizations…)
- Image Caption: (Source: From where did you get the photo- website/photographer/etc)
- Image/video: (Link or attachment)
- Summary: (Between 160-260max. Characters with spaces)
- Facebook Title: Interactive title (max. 85 characters [with spaces] + hash tags)
- Title: (max. 85 [characters with spaces])
- Byline: (Author’s Name)
- Twitter handle (At the bottom of the Body Text): You can follow the author on Twitter @YourTwitterHandle. (If the author has a blog, please mention the blog address too)
Send your article/report/paper (preferable Microsoft word text) with an attachment/link to the following email: email@example.com with a short bio introducing yourself.